- Country Club UMC, view from Wornall Road
Country Club United Methodist Church was started in 1913 by residents of the Country Club District of Kansas City because there was no Methodist church between Westport and Waldo.
The first meeting was held in a tent; then in 1915 the “west wing” of our campus was constructed. The sanctuary was built in 1923 and renovated in 1999 to create a larger chancel area that allowed us to see, hear and learn more effectively. The chapel, library, additional office space, and second–floor classrooms were added in 1950. We continue to reconfigure and upgrade our campus to assure that we offer an environment conducive to reaching up to God, growing our faith, sharing our love, and caring for each other.
Country Club UMC has provided nearly a century of community service, produced several generations of community leaders, and continues to welcome everyone seeking to learn more, love more, and serve God more in our world.